This guide is designed for optimal navigation on eReaders, smartphones, and other mobile electronic devices. It is indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Articles feature information about attractions, landmarks, districts, transportation, cultural venues, dining, history and much more. Addresses, telephones, hours of operation and admissions information are included. The guide is complemented by clearly marked maps that are linked to city attractions. An interlinked phrasebook as well as a pronunciation guide are included.
This travel guide also features a Copenhagen itinerary with our suggestions for your travel route. Itineraries include links to individual attraction articles.
NEW FEATURE: The attraction articles now include links to Google Maps. On a dedicated electronic reader with a slow connection and a primitive browser, Google Maps will display the attraction on the map along with metro stations, roads, and nearby attractions. On an internet-enabled device such as the iPhone and the iPad, Google Maps will even show you the route from your current location to the attraction you want to go to.
With this travel guide you can turn some eReaders into audio guides. For example, on the Kindle, just open an article and click Shift+SYM to activate text-to-speech. Put the speaker on the back of the Kindle against your ear and enjoy your virtual travel companion. Press Spacebar to pause/resume text-to-speech.
All travel guides in the Mobi Travel series are only $4.99 or less. Search for any title: enter mobi (short for MobileReference) and a keyword; for example: mobi Paris.
Table of Contents:
Essentials: Phrasebook | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay safe | Respect | Contact | Driving in Europe | Units Conversion
1. Denmark: History | Politics | Economy | Geography | Culture | Islands | Regions | Cities | Islands | Other Destinations | Sights | Top 10 | Buy
2. Transport: Get in | Get around | Tunnels | Bridges | E20 | Oresund Railway | Road Traffic | Scandlines
3. Maps: Denmark | Regions | Rigsfællesskabet | North Frisian & Danish Islands | Train | Odense | Arhus
3.1 Regions: Jutland | Funen | Langeland | Zealand | Lolland-Falster | Bornholm | Sydfynske Øhav
3.2 Copenhagen: City | S-Tog & Metro | Metro | Harbour bus lines | Districts
4. Copenhagen: History | Eat | Drink | Do | Buy | Sleep | Stay safe | Stay Healthy | Contact
4.1 Transport: Get in | Get around | Metro | S-Train | Airports | Railways | Cycle Route
4.2 Culture: Theaters | Museums | Sports | Events
4.3 Landmarks: Map | See | Top 10 | Itinerary | Buildings & Structures | Palaces & Castles | Churches | Gardens & Parks
4.4 By Area: Geography | Districts | Squares | Streets | Get out
5.1 Odense: Map | Transport | See | Do | Eat & Drink | Sleep
5.2 Arhus: Map | Transport | See & Do | Eat & Drink | Sleep
5.3 Aalborg: Transport | See & Buy | Eat & Drink | Sleep
6. Other Top Cities: Bornholm | Dragør | Dybbøl | Elsinore | Esbjerg | Fanø | Fredericia | Frederikssund | Frederiksværk | Gentofte | Gilleleje | Hillerød | Kolding | Lyngby | Næstved | Nykøbing Falster | Nykøbing Sjælland | Randers | Ringkøbing | Ribe | Roskilde | Skagen | Skive | Tarnby | Vejle
7. Other Top Destinations: Berritzgaard | Dyrehaven | Egeskov Castle | Eremitage Palace | Fanefjord Church | The Funen Village | Fredensborg Palace | Grasten Palace | Horne Church | Hvedholm Castle | Legoland Billund | Nydam Mose | Rubjerg Knude Lighthouse | Sønderborg Castle | Vordingborg Castle